Get ready for all International citizens including Canadians because the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are available now. You are able to apply the scholarship and get a chance to win one of offered awards.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are designed specifically for international doctoral students. The main aim is to set up Canada as an international center of the research and higher education in the world. The graduate degree is offered here including combined degree MA/PhD or MD/PhD. The host of this scholarships program is all Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocation. For your information, the Vanier CGS is only available at the eligible institution in Canada. It has already submitted the nomination. The main concerns of the study are health research, natural sciences, engineering research, social sciences and humanities research.
Based on the official site, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are offered for 167 awardees. They are also given every year. For your information, the main target groups of the programs are foreign citizens, Canadians, and permanent residents of Canada. The duration of the scholarship is for three years, and the scholarship awardee will be given $50,000 every year. This scholarships program has closing date in November annually. All selected candidates will study in Canada.
All candidates must meet these eligibility criteria to be the selected in the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships. The requirements are as follow:
- Must be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
- Must be pursuing the first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Must intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating university; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Must have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2017;
- Must have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average; and
- Must not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
The candidates who aren’t included in the quota cannot apply the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships. In other words, they must be nominated or endorsed by a Canadian Institution. All documentations must be included in the applications. Then, you can submit it to the nominating institution. For your information, each institution owns its own deadline. Check it via the ResearchNet application system. For the scholarships deadline, the closing date is in November 2017. The Secretariat will select and process the incoming applications. Click at http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html to see the details. The provider of this scholarships program is the Canadian government.
- York University Scholarships for Postgraduate Degree in Ontario4 months ago
- Loran Scholarships 2018 for High School and CEGEP Students in Canada4 months ago
- UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Award for Bachelor Degree in Canada4 months ago
- Quest University Scholarship for Undergraduate Degree in Canada4 months ago
- UTS Presidents Scholarship for Masters by Research and Doctoral Research Programs in Australia4 months ago