The UC International First Year Scholarship offers an opportunity for you who pursue the bachelor degree at the University of Canterbury. The course will starts in 2018 and the application opens around June this year. Check your documents before sending the application.
The UC International First Year Scholarship is designed for top-achieving international students who want to commence their undergraduate degree program somewhere in 2018. The University of Canterbury becomes the host of this scholarship. It is situated in New Zealand. The scholarship value varies from $10,000 to $20,000. Luckily, this program provides up to 25 scholarships for this year. Hence, your chance to receive one of those scholarships is still open widely. Their target of candidates is international students who live outside New Zealand and Australia. The duration of the scholarship is only available for the first year of the study.
There are some criteria that the candidates of the UC International First Year Scholarship must meet. We have summarized them all here as following:
- The recipients of the scholarship must be a full-fee-paying students
- They must not be the citizen of New Zealand or Australia or someone who is holding a visa of New Zealand residence
- They must be finishing or have finished on or after 1 January of the year before the year they send the application
- They must be a university entrance-level qualification
- If they are still undertaking or have completed a program at the UC International college, they are still eligible to apply the scholarship.
The candidates aren’t eligible if they:
- Have been undertaking partial study at one of undergraduate program in New Zealand
- Have admitted for Transfer of Credit to UC
To make sure you win one of the UC International First Year Scholarship, we have some tips for you as follow:
- In order to understand the details of the scholarship, you must read the scholarship regulations.
- When you are filling the online scholarship application form, make sure you have answered all required sections and questions.
- You have to upload required documents and it requires good internet connections
- Make sure your documents are certified copies of your academic transcripts or records
- It is suggested to register the scholarship via myUC
- Stick with the deadline so that you can measure how long your application form will be ready because late application will never be accepted. If necessary, make a memo on your phone calendar
- Lastly, keep in touch with the webpage so that you will notice some updates
The UC International First Year Scholarship is open the application process until 15 August 2017. This deadline is also same with the admission to the university. To apply the application form, you must stay at the webpage at here or here to check whether or not the application is open. Based on the official announcement, the application will be open eight weeks before the application deadline.
The site may provide online system for the candidates who want to apply via internet. If there isn’t available, you can download and send the application form to [email protected].