Wellcome Trust welcomes researchers from low and middle income countries to join the Training Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine to experience high quality research training to understand and improve public health and diseases of local, national and international relevance. The fellowships are provided as the part of a series of career awards with the purpose of building sustainable capacity in potential areas for increasing benefits for people and their livestock in low and middle income countries.
Scholarship Provider: Wellcome Trust
Destination Study: The fellowships can be taken in low and middle income countries
Country of Applicants: Researchers from low and middle income countries are welcome to apply
Level/Degree: The fellowships are provided for early stage researchers
To be considered for the fellowships, the applicants must:
- Be a national or legal resident of low and middle income countries
- A graduate in relevant subject to public health or tropical medicine with PhD or not more three years of experience in postdoctoral, or
- A medical graduate with higher qualification which is equivalent to UK Royal Colleges of Physicians
- Applicants with no PhD are welcome to apply with the qualification of a clinical, basic Master’s degree and initial research experience with the expectation of registering for a PhD degree
- Due allowance will be given to applicants with affected career by late start or for personal reasons
The Fellowships will include:
- Basic salary for the fellow
- Research expense
- Training costs
- Inflation and flexible funding allowance
- Support to attend scientific meetings
The deadline of the program in on September 27, 2013 (preliminary application); December 6, 2013 (Full application deadline)
How to Apply:
To apply for the program, the applicants will need to complete the preliminary application form and submit the completed form through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If the preliminary application is accepted, the applicants will be invited to submit full application. Copy of home institution’s salary scale and justification of the salary level from the head of the department are required to be submitted along with the full application.
The detail information about the program can be accessed on the official webpage provided by Wellcome Trust. Ensure that whole information is read and understood.
Image was taken from: www.thetimes.co.uk