Knowles Science Teaching Foundation is offering great opportunity for individuals with commitment in teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) to apply for the Knowles Science Teaching Foundation (KSTF) Teaching Fellowship program in order to facilitate the talented individuals to beef up professional proficiency, lead from the classroom, and be ready to be the agent of change in educational world. The program is a 5-year fellowship and current offer is the opportunity for 2014 fellowship.
The provider of the KSTF Teaching Fellowship is the Knowles Science Teaching Foundation
The program can be taken in the United States
Country of Applicants:
The program is open for international applicants to apply
The fellowship program is aimed to provide teaching STEM to high school students
To be considered, the applicants should be able to show the following:
- Strong commitment in teaching STEM in high school
- Degree in a discipline related to STEM subject matters intended to teach
- Outstanding content knowledge with the last 5-10 years of recent degree
- Capacity and determination in the commitment to teach as the primary career
- No previous career established
- Secondary teaching credential earned no earlier than January 1, 2013
Successful awardees will get annual stipend as well as number of grants during the period of the program, $4000 professional grants per year and up to $1200 per year allocated for teaching materials.
The application deadline for current offer is October 15, 2013
How to Apply:
The applicants who wish to join the program need to provide the following:
- Applicant information including name, current address, email, and phone.
- Information of how the applicants found out about the program
- Current CV and resume
- Three essays, 600 words max each, providing evidence of meeting the criteria, personal experience, and the statement to proof that the applicants are prospective teachers.
- Letter of recommendation
The application can be done online by following the link provided on the official webpage.
Detailed information related to the program can be accessed here.
Image was taken from: www.kstf.org