There are up to 4 Postdoctoral positions offered by New Europe College within the ERC-CoG 2014 Project 646489. Position holders will be work at the project of Luxury, Fashion & Social Status for Early Modern South-Eastern Europe. These positions will be available for 2 years period and provide a monthly salary valued of 2000 euro (gross). The successful candidates will be required to signing contract with the New Europe College as Host Institution which will be drafted according to the Romanian Labor Law provisions. Application deadline for these positions is 15th October 2015.
These positions hosted by New Europe College-Institute for Advanced Study Bucharest.
These positions will be taken at Romania.
Country of Applicants
The position offered to Romanian and International citizens.
The position is provided to pursuing a postdoctoral program available at the New Europe College. There are 4 specified theme for the positions offered, please refer to the official webpage for detail.
To be eligible, a candidate is expected to hold:
- A PhD with a relevant historical discipline
- Good knowledge of 2 international languages (English & French will be preferably). Besides, knowledge of Greek, Russian or Turkish will be considered as an asset
- Experienced with archival research
- Ability to work as a creative & independent researcher, and take part in an interdisciplinary worldwide team
- Ability and willingness in cross academic disciplines collaboration
These postdoctoral positions will provide a monthly salary valued of 2000 euro (gross). The successful candidates will be required to signing contract with the New Europe College as Host Institution which will be drafted according to the Romanian Labor Law provisions.
The deadline for the position application is 15th October 2015.
How to Apply
The procedure of applying can be done by email submission. Applicants must submit the following:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae (a recent photo attached)
- Scanned PhD certificate (verified)
- Publications list
- Research design proposal (in doc/ docx or pdf, 1000 words max), to presents applicant’s ideas about the projects’ themes selected.
- 2 letters of reference (English or French) from original academics familiar with applicant’s work and support (explicitly) for the position application. Candidates should enter “Application for NEC-ERC LuxFass post-doctoral position” in Subject field of their e-mail message.
Further detail about the positions announced applicant strongly recommended visiting the official webpage.
Image courtesy of Poulsen Photo at FreeDigitalPhotos.net