Foreign students who live in Estonia may be happy now because they are eligible to follow the Skype Master’s Scholarships. This scholarship program supports the tuition cost of tuition fees of the scholarship awardee’s master’s degree.
The main purpose of Skype Master’s Scholarships is to provide and increase the availability of Master’s studies in Estonia. It also aims the students to study abroad. Of course, the program owns significant role in transferring the sciences and humanities especially for ICT specialties. This scholarships program is designed and hosted by the Information Technology Foundation for Education (HITSA). This is a non-profit association in the Republic of Estonia. There are also several founding fathers of this association such as Eesti Telekom, the University of Tartu, the Estonian Association of Information Technology and Telecommuncations, and Tallinn University of Technology.
The Skype Master’s Scholarships are designed in order to help the master’s degree students. Their tuition fees will be covered if they are eligible and qualified to the programme. However, the subjects of the study are limited only in the sciences in regard to information and communications technology. The scholarship value is 8000 euros. It will be given for the 2017/2018 academic year. The total duration of this academic year is around ten months. The host of the program also gives only one scholarship available. The scholarship awardee can take the scholarship in Estonia.
For those who really want to achieve this Skype Master’s Scholarships, they must meet these following requirements:
- Estonian citizens and foreigners who live in Estonia on the basis of a permanent residence permit
- Have met the qualifications to enroll in Master’s studies
- Applicants must have previous degree.
- There is no test requirement for the candidates
- English Language Proficiency for Applicants whose first language is not English and able to prove the evidence like certification from the University.
How to Apply
The Skype Master’s scholarships allow the candidates to submit the online application form. However, they need to attach these following documents in the applications as follow:
- CV with list contact details (including your telephone number and e-mail address);
- Full results of studies at the last educational institution you attended (i.e. academic record, transcript academic, TOEFL/IELTS/Its Equivalent);
- Describe the topic you plan to cover in your Master’s thesis, or if you have not decided this, describe in general the field you are interested in (up to 1000 characters), indicating the country and/or educational institution at which you would you like to continue your studies;
- An essay on the topic “What I will be doing in five years’ time thanks to the Skype foreign studies scholarship”
- The essay must contain around 4500 to 7000 characters or words.
- Application form must be attached with those documentations.
Click at this link to fill the application form https://konkursiveeb.hitsa.ee/. If you want to read the full description of the Skype Master’s Scholarships, you can click at here. Make sure you have submitted your application before 16 July 2017. You have to write the essay in a document first and then attach it to the application form provided by the website.