Research Training Fellowship for Developing Country Scientists (RTF-DCF) is now available to provide scientists from any developing countries. The programme is sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology of India. The programme is offered to provide the opportunities for the selected scientists to work at Indian R&D/academic institutions to beef up the skills and expertise in research area. Besides, the fellowship programme is also aimed to facilitate informational exchange as well as the contact exchange to create meaningful networking in research collaborations.
The scholarship is provided by the Department of Science and Technology of India
The fellowship programme can be taken in India
Country of Applicants
The applicants from developing countries are welcome to apply
The fellowship is available for the young scientists who wish to conduct research in India
In order to be considered, the applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Possessing at least Master’s Degree in any Natural Science field of study or equivalent degree in Engineering or Medicine
- Willing to work in National R&D or Academic Institution in home country after the completion of the fellowship programme
- Being at 40 years old (max)
- Not eligible for Indian scientists
The successful candidates will be awarded the following:
- International airfare (economy class) with the shortest route from international airport in the home country to the nearest international airport in host institution
- INR 35,000 per month for accommodation, meals, and other accepted expense
- One-time grant on INR 15,000 for domestic travel, airport transfer, and visiting research institution, attending scientific occasions, and field-trip within India
- Appropriate health insurance
The application deadline of the current offer is October 14, 2013
How to Apply
To apply for the fellowship, the applicants will need to complete the application form provided (in typed script). The application should be submitted to the NAM S&T Centre in the prescribed format. Please read all of the requirements that must be scanned and attached along with the application form.
Detail information and the application form can be accessed on the official PDF page here. Please note that incomplete and late application will not be considered.
Image was taken from: www.iitg.ernet.in