The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) or Japan is currently offering international scholarships for applicants or international researchers. The applicants must be engaged in research and development in the field of agriculture and fisheries as well as any related fields or industries in developing countries. The scholarships are available for non-Japanese who are under 40 years old in January 2014. The successful candidates will be invited to Japan to receive the awards and the results of the research and the achievements. The application deadline for current offer is June 13, 2014.
The scholarships are provided by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries (MAFF).
The scholarships can be taken Developing countries. The successful candidates are invited to Japan and attend the commendation ceremony to receive their awards
Country of Applicants
International researchers can apply for the scholarships
The scholarships are eligible for research programs
To be eligible, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicants must be foreign researchers who conduct research in related fields outside Japan
- The applicants must be non-Japanese under 40 years old
- The applicants must be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related fields and industries in developing countries
- The applicants must be able to attend the commendation ceremony when awarded
The successful candidates will be invited to Japan to receive the awards and do the presentation of the results of their research and achievements. There will be cash prize of $5,000 each from JIRCAS.
The application deadline for current offer is June 13, 2014
How to Apply
To apply for the awards, the applicants must apply for the applications by post.
- The applicants must prepare for the application according to the “Instructions in the Preparation of Application Forms”
- Only one researcher can be recommended from one institution
- The applicants must also include the supporting materials including research papers, technical handbooks, patent applications and/or utility models, newspaper articles, etc.
For further information regarding the awards, please visit the official webpage by clicking the link here.
Image was taken from: wikimapia.org