Applications invited from University of Oslo for their PhD/ Postdoctoral research fellowship in academic year of 2015-2016. To be considered, an applicant must achieve a Master Degree or equal in music technology or in computer science accompanied by documented knowledge at related areas. This fellowship will be available in 3 years duration. Deadline for application is 31st August 2015.
The fellowship hosted by University of Oslo.
Fellowships will be taken in Norway.
Country of Applicants
The fellowship is offered not only to Norwegian but also to foreign citizens.
The fellowships provided to pursue PhD or Postdoctoral program in field of Self-aware Interactive Music Systems available at University of Oslo, Norway.
To be eligible, applicant must:
- Hold a Masters Degree in music technology (other qualified related degrees might be considered) or in computer science with documented knowledge. Applicants are expected to have strong background knowledge at computer science & programming and music (musical skills).
- Preferable will be considered to applicant experienced in motion tracking & analysis, Smartphone programming, machine learning, music synthesis.
- Hold and accept admission to PhD program at Faculty of Mathematics & Natural Sciences. The PhD application must be submitted 2 months in max after take the position.
- Have a good command in English.
The fellowship consists of:
- PhD salary (code 1017) with pay grade: 50 – 57 (NOK 430 500 – 483 700/ year),
- Postdoctoral salary (code 1352), pay grade: 60 – 65 (NOK 510 100 – 560 700/ year),
- A challenging and stimulating working space, and
- Welfare benefits
Closing date for application is 31st August 2015.
How to Apply
An online application will include:
- Application letter
- CV (education, positions and scientific publications)
- Copies of academic certificates, records transcript, letters of recommendation
- English proficiency documentation
- Up to 5 publications or academic wish to be considered by the committee
- Details of 2-3 references (name, relation, e-mail and phone number)
- International applicants strongly advised to attach their University’s grade system explanation.
- All documents must be in English or Scandinavian.
More about this fellowship please refers the official webpage.
Image courtesy of suphakit73 at FreeDigitalPhotos.net