The University of Melbourne invites international students to send their application for the Melbourne Human Rights Scholarships. This scholarship program is designed for master and PhD by research degree level. If you would like to study in Australia, send your application before the deadline. The scholarships are open on the first of July this year. Read on for the details.
As stated before, the Melbourne Human Rights Scholarships are hosted directly by the University of Melbourne. The scholarships encourage all international students who have major concern in the field of human rights. They will study at the University of Melbourne in Australia for the 2018 academic year that will start in September next year. They scholarships program usually opens two scholarships every year. Hence, you have to be ready in competing against other competitors for only two scholarships. Don’t worry about it because not all students have completed their first degree.
The Melbourne Human Rights Scholarships offer some benefits to the awardees. The first one is to grant a fortnightly living allowance for the students. Then, it also includes the relocation grant if the students have come from the countries outside Australia. The University also gives limited health tuition. Unfortunately, the tuition fees aren’t covered for international students. They just provide your living allowance as stated previously. The amount of the money isn’t revealed too. The thing is that the scholarship will stay up to two years for the Master by research students and up to three years plus six months of extension (if possible) for Doctorate by research degree.
Eligibility and Criteria
After you know the brief description of the Melbourne Human Rights Scholarships and get interested, it will be important to read the eligibility criteria of the program. The candidates must:
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a Master or Doctorate by research degree at the University of Melbourne, or be currently enrolled in a research degree at the University of Melbourne and have at least 12 months (full-time equivalent) of candidature remaining,
- have intention to conduct graduate research in the human rights field since becoming the main purpose of the program and be committed to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights that extends beyond academic studies (such as voluntary work and/or work experience);
- have not already finished a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought
- intend to study as a full-time student unless there are compassionate or compelling circumstances that prevent you from undertaking full-time study
- not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship at any other University all over the world
- have a good English proficiency because the subjects are taught in English language.
How to Apply
By the time of this article written, the Melbourne Human Rights Scholarships aren’t open yet. It will open on July 1st, 2017. You still have much time to consider the scholarship by the way. After opened, you can submit your application .via online application form. The closing date is no later than October 31st, 2017. Please visit the official site at here,