Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is inviting students from IDB member countries to apply for the IDB Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology (MSP). Through the MSP, the IDB wishes to support the qualified human recourses to undertake advanced studies and researches in applied science and technology. The aim is to develop the member countries. The program is provided for pursuing either PhD or Post-Doctoral research.
The scholarship program is provided by the Islamic Development Bank
The successful candidates will be enrolling in study or research worldwide at top or most reputable academic and research institutions
Country of Applicants
The scholarship program is provided for students coming from IDB member countries. Please check the list on the official webpage.
The scholarship is provided for students who wish to pursue PhD or Post-Doctoral research degree
To be considered, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- No older than 35 years old for PhD and 40 for Post-Doctoral research
- Attached to an institution of science and technology (research/academic/development) in a respective country
- Possessing required background in related academic field of proposed research or study
- Having professional experiences in the respective field
- The research proposal must be relevant to science and technology based on the priority developments needs of the home countries
- Good command in the institution’s language and ability in conducting research or scientific work
The scholarship program covers the whole academic expenses, living allowance, health insurance, airfare costs from and to destination study (round trip ticket), conference allowance, paper preparation allowance, computer allowance (for PhD), and family allowance (for PhD).
The application deadline for current offer is December 31, 2014
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarships, the candidates must complete the application form (downloadable on the official webpage). The application must be sent through the nominating institutions. From the institutions, the applicants will be sent to the Office of the IDB Governor in the destination country. From the IDB Governor, the applications will be forwarded to the IDB. Please note that direct application to IDB will not be considered.
For further information, please visit the official webpage of IDB informing the scholarship program here.
Image was taken from: www.nikken.co.jp
- Korean Government Scholarship for Masters and Doctoral Degree in Korea3 years ago
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for International Students in Doctoral Degree3 years ago
- United Nations University PhD Internship Program for Doctoral Students in Any Country 20173 years ago
- Facebook Fellowship for Doctoral Students All over the World 20183 years ago
- UTS Presidents Scholarship for Masters by Research and Doctoral Research Programs in Australia3 years ago