The DAAD Scholarships is one of the best options for you who hold an undergraduate or graduate degree because you can simply upgrade it to a higher-level degree. While opening at the moment, this scholarships program will take the students to Germany. Here is the brief description of the scholarship.
DAAD is basically hosted by the German Academic Exchange Service. They want to invite international students to undertake the scholarships in Germany. The program itself offers a variety of postgraduate courses at German Universities that own the main goals to educate young students to be professionals from developing countries all over the world based on academic merit.
The DAAD Scholarships opens this opportunity for all international students all over the world. The candidates who live in developing countries may have greater chance since it meets the main goal of the program. All German Universities, which offer development-related postgraduate courses, are the host institutions. In other words, the candidates must be enrolled at such universities in Germany. The concerns of the field of study are masters or PhD programs in sciences and economy.
The number of the scholarships is limited, but the site doesn’t reveal how many awardees are selected. The main target of the program is young professionals from developing countries. The scholarship is worth 750 euros monthly payment for masters or 1,000 euros monthly payment for PhDs. It does include the health insurance and travel allowance. The duration of the scholarship is up to 24 months with 12 months of the minimum duration for masters, and 36 months for PhD.
Eligibility and Criteria
The candidates of the DAAD Scholarships must fullful these following criteria if they want to be selected by the host institution:
- They must work either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- They must have a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- They have already completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and ideally at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
- Their academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
- The scholarship includes a 6-month German language course, if necessary. It will teach DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 at the beginning of the study course; a minimum German language level of A2 at the time of application.
- As the candidates are international students, they also have to master English language : IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based)
How to Apply
All applications of the DAAD Scholarships must be delivered to the respective course at the German universities. For the applicants from Cameroon, they must submit it via the German Embassy. They can check the respective course websites to know how the procedure is as well as the application deadline and how the documents must be delivered. Based on the official site, the deadline starts from August to October 2017. Here is the link of Official Scholarship Website at here.
- DAAD Scholarships for International Doctoral Degree in Germany5 months ago
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for PhD Program in Germany5 months ago
- 2018 JCMM Scholarships for International Students in Czech Republic5 months ago
- Reach Oxford Scholarships for Developing Country Students5 months ago
- Masters Scholarships in Tropical and International Forestry Scholarship5 months ago