The International Student Merit Scholarships are ready to help the international students who have financial problem in pursuing their undergraduate and graduate program. This is a great chance for you to find out whether or not you are eligible to the scholarship program.
The main goal of the International Student Merit Scholarships is to provide financial support for all international students all over the world. They will be study at the University of Houston-Victoria, which is located in Victoria, Texas. In addition, this scholarships program also offers a high opportunity for the students in gaining their personalized academic and leadership chances so that they can easily fight against the complex world in the future. They provide undergraduate and graduate programs that are offered by the university.
The benefit of this International Student Merit Scholarships is to reduce the tuition and fees cost of the selected students. Unfortunately, it doesn’t include the living allowance such as housings, meals, transportation, books, health insurance, transportations and personal expenses. Moreover, the number of the scholarship is not mentioned as well at the official website. Without further ado, check the following criteria that you must meet before applying.
The applicants must meet these following requirements in order to win the scholarship award. They are as follow:
- Must be admitted to UHV and registered full-time (minimum of 12 credits for undergraduate and minimum of 9-credits for graduate).
- Students may apply for the scholarship before being admitted to UHV. However, a scholarship applicant must be admitted to UHV as a full-time, degree-seeking student before the scholarship application can be reviewed.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the Spring and Summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity, all Spring scholarship recipients must be registered for full-time course load online (Summer only) or Face-to-Face. All Spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the Fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- Applicants must have F-1 or J-1 student visa.
- Transfer International students must be in good academic and immigration status.
- Demonstrate the record of academic achievement.
- Submit the completed International Student Merit Scholarship Application Form.
- Attend the mandatory international student orientation and plan to arrive to UHV five business days prior to the first class day.
- All students with international nationalities are eligible to apply the program.
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements.
You must prepare all documents in one application form to apply this International Student Merit Scholarships. Then, send the application via email to international-at-uhv.edu with subject line “merit scholarship”. The paper submissions will not be accepted by the international programs. There are two deadlines of this scholarship program as follow:
- Fall semester deadline: June 15
- Spring semester deadline: November 15
The scholarship of the spring semester will be awarded for the spring and summer semester, not for the fall semester. You can choose either part-time or full-time summer course. Then, you must reapply the following year scholarship. For further details check the information at here.